The demo below shows See-View in action.
See-View is the revolutionary 3D image browser which makes viewing photos on your iPhone fun.
Groundbreaking technology specially adapted for the iPhone platform provides an intuitive experience by allowing you to glide through our 3D world. Rotate, zoom, spin and select as you put new life into a photo collection.
View up to 500 images from a Flickr account or from the Flickr public gallery, automatically clustered into groups of 30 for use on the iPhone. The photos are grouped by similarity using our mapping technology, making it easier to find what you want to see.
See an overview of the collection displayed on the face of each box and then dip into the box of your choice to see more of the same. Once inside the 3D space, move from box to box to view the entire collection.
There's nothing like it on the App store.
Drag your finger across the screen to rotate the group of images. Pinch your fingers to zoom in and out.
Tapping on an image will move it to the centre of the screen and it will be the centre of rotation, to reset the view double tap on the background.
If you want to view an image in more detail simply tap it to put it in the centre, then tap it again. To revert back to the image group simply double tap the image.
You can also watch a small video clip on YouTube
a. Type the flickr account name into the space provided e.g. ´See-View´
b. Tap the ´Add´ button
c. The account name selected will appear on the left side of the screen, under Flickr
d. The ´Add Account´ button will be lit up blue
e. Tap the account name, e.g. ´See-View´, this will be lit up in blue
f. The flickr account information will be displayed in the right side of the screen; e.g. name of photo ´sets´ and number of images
g. Select the ´set´ that you want to view; e.g. ´Garden´, and tick will appear next to the name
h. Tap ´View selected´ at the bottom of the screen
i. The Getting Data Sets screen wll activate, and the thumbnail images being processed will briefly pass through the screen, together with the total number of images and an image details
j. See-View will open up on the screen, ready for you to use, with the images displayed in our 3D cube
k. When you have finished viewing this photo set, press the ´home´ symbol at the bottom left of the screen
l. By selecting ´Photo History´ from the main menu, information on the file viewed can be found in the History File sequence
a. From the main menu, select the ´Search´ option; the button will be highlighted in blue
b. Enter your search term in the window provided e.g. ´Elvis´, then press ´Go´ in the bottom right of the screen to remove the keyboard display
c. Tap the ´Search´ bar under the narrative window, it will flash blue to signify it has been activated
d. The Processing Images screen wll activate, and the thumbnail images being processed will briefly pass through the screen, together with the total number of images and an image details
e. Please note that for a large search e.g. ´Elvis´, it will take a few moments for See-View to retrieve the image data from Flickr, and will be dependent upon the quality of your connection
f. The maximum results that can be displayed are 500 images per search
g. When the search is complete See-View will open up on the screen, ready for you to use, with the images displayed in our 3D cube
h. When you have finished viewing this photo set, press the ´home´ symbol at the bottom left of the screen
i. By selecting ´Photo History´ from the main menu, information on the file viewed, e.g. ´Elvis search´ can be found in the History File sequence
You can also watch a small video clip on YouTube
- See-View will open with the first level view displaying a number of Cubes or Boxes
- Each cube contains 30 images
- The images have been grouped by similarity, and the pictures on the outer face of the box are a representation of the contents
b. To Rotate the Cubes
- Slide your index finger across the screen, from right to left, left to right, or top to bottom
- The wire frame will rotate, displaying a better view of the contents
c. To Zoom
- To Zoom in - place your index finger and thumb in the centre of the screen and move them apart
- To Zoom out - bring index finger and thumb together across the screen - the wire frame will reduce in size
d To View the Contents of a Cube
- Tap once on the cube you want to view with your index finger
- The selected cube will be ´centered´ within the collection and becomes the centre of rotation
- Tap firmly on the selected cube once more, and it will come towards you, opening up as it approaches the screen
- The indivual images contained inside are displayed in the 3D space - maximum number of images displayed will be 30 per cube
- To explore the contents, repeat the instructions for Rotate and Zoom
e. To View a High Resolution Image
- To view a high resolution of any single image, tap once on the image to ´centre´ the image inside the frame; the selected image becomes the centre of rotation
- Tap once more on the selected image to focus
- The selected image will move towards the screen, coming into full size view
- It can the be shaped to size by using the thumb and index finger
- When the image is focused, the folder on the bottom right of the screen provides an option to: Get photo info, Send to friend by email or Save to iphone library
- Tap twice on the image to return to the initial view of the collection
f. To Return to the Main Cube View
- Tap twice on the screen with your index finger, in an area of the screen outside the wire frame
- The initial view of the collection will be displayed
See-View will open with the first level view displaying the images, which have been grouped by similarity
- To navigate, follow the instructions outlined in Rotation and Zoom
- To view an image, follow the instructions under viewing a high resolution image
- To return to the main menu, tap ´Home´ symbol at bottom left of screen
a. To View your Photo History
- Tap ´Photo History´ from the Main Menu
- The History File sequence will be displayed - Up to 5 History Files can be retained
- To select - tap the History File, which will turn blue to signify activation
- Information on the contents is displayed on the right side of the screen
- To view from History - tap ´View´ button, which will turn blue to signify activation
- The images will be displayed from memory, at a much faster rate than the initial transfer from Flickr
b. Using ´Options´
- Select ´Options´ from the Main Menu
- ´Interactions´ will show blue, with control choices displayed on the right side of the screen covering: Sensitivity, Rotation and Cube display
- ´Storage´ will turn blue when selected, with information of current memory storage shown on the right side of the screen, together with options for: Clearing History File and Clearing User Data